Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Update

As I feared I left someone important out of my acknowledgments the other day and I want to apologize to Dianne and rectify my error.

Dianne brought us dinner one night, stayed for conversation, and helped Ann immensely. She helped me too by alleviating my housewife syndrome - you know, no one to talk to but the dogs. Thanks Dianne.

And grandson David, who was home on early spring break, took me to physical therapy last week. He arrived on time, waited patiently, and then graciously and gratefully ate lunch with me at a local spot. Thanks David.

It's been almost eight weeks since I broke my ankle and I am finally pretty mobile. I can drive, which lets Ann off the hook a lot, I read in church on Sunday, I got a much needed pedicure (flaps of dead skin from six weeks of cast were getting really ugly), and I can get myself to physical therapy three times a week.

Tonight I am venturing out to the opera to see Eugene Onegin. I am not taking the train or driving myself - I tire too easily and it's too late. Rather I hired a car and driver to take me and bring me home. I am foregoing the usual dinner with friends who sit in my section (and live in a distant suburb) because the walk from the restaurant, while not far, is still too much.

My goal is to take the dogs to the Dunes soon. They really need a good run since I haven't been able to take them to the dog park or walk them for the last two months.

In other news, we are planning an engagement party next month with the theme of pears/pairs. We're thinking to keep it light and highlight famous pairs like Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, Spic and Span, Bosc and Bartlett. We welcome any suggestions. We haven't decided what to do with the pairs yet, but we'll think of something. Thanks.

Please comment below.

No comments: