Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vache d'Or - conclusion

This is the conclusion of Vache d'Or. It begins eight posts below if you need to start at the beginning. Please comment at the end of this post.

“Make yourselves comfortable on the terrace with another glass of champagne and I’ll find something special,” the butler said While they waited, the butler unpacked their clothes and turned down the bed. Bellboys arrived with a cart piled with covered dishes. After lunch he cleared the dishes and discretely left.

Frank led CeeCee to the bed and undressed her, then himself. He put a chocolate truffle in his mouth and leaned down to kiss her. “This isn’t minty fresh, but I think you’ll like it better.” He smiled. “I know I will.”

Two hours later they woke from their nap, showered together, had massages, a private dinner.

“I love you, Frank,” CeeCee said, as they were preparing yet again for bed.

“I love you, too, CeeCee.” Frank stroked her shoulders with the tips of his fingers. He nuzzled into her ample bosom, making her shudder. “I love you too, mon vache d’or,” he whispered.

CeeCee pushed Frank away and sat up in the enormous bed. “What did you just call me?”

Frank rolled to one side and flushed. “I said ‘vache d’or.’ It’s like petit chou, little cabbage, a French term of endearment. It means my golden, um, sweetheart.”

She sighed and shook her head, murmured, “Vache d’or, indeed.” But she pushed his head back into her bosom and closed her eyes. “Did you know I was a French major in college?”

Frank blanched and shook his head.

“Don’t ever, ever, ever sleep with anyone else again. I’ll use a dull knife to cut them off and put them in the blender.”

Frank shuddered. He nodded and felt his penis shrivel and his balls pull up into his abdomen.

“And if you survive, well, then we’ll see.”

1 comment:

Jim C-D said...

Hey, my friend. Thanks again for reading. I have stolen glances at this piece(s), and love it! It's brilliant, wickedly funny and the rhythm, the sound, the dialogue!

It's great!

I pasted it all on a word document so I can read it on a sustained break that I hope will come soon. I look forward to giving you more in-depth feedback.

Carol returned late Monday, joyful and jetlagged. But safe.

Are you bringing this piece to Centrum? I do hope so. You're with Chris Abani, yes?

Take Care,

Jim C-D