Sunday, October 18, 2009

Impatience and Criticism

Derek, Jo, and Herself


Proud Grandpa and Ella


Proud Grandma and Ella.


Ella Herself


I frequently am impatient. I want things to be better than they already are. I want life to improve.

We went to Denver last week to see Derek's new baby, our new granddaughter Ella, who will be 10 weeks old on Tuesday.

It was a great visit. I got to hold her, feed her and I didn't have to change her. I learned I had muscles I hadn't used in 35 years almost. I also learned - once again - that very the act of holding a baby makes me sway.

One of the best parts of the visit was the language lessons. I worked on teaching her to say the following things:
"I love Grandpa Bill."
"I love Grandma Ann."
"I love Daddy."
"I love Mommy."
I would say each sentence one word at a time, and then repeat it out of the corner of my mouth in a high pitched voice. Ella spoke.

Even though I frequently look for improvement, I just can't imagine any way for her to improve!

I invite your praise of our beautiful baby below.

4 comments:

Joseph Miller said...

She's so beautiful. A joyous post.

Jim C-D said...

Lovely!

Carol D said...

Now William! You must change the diapers in order to earn your "best grandpa" badge!

Yes, she's adorable and I ENVY YOU!

So there...you've brought out my worst. I don't anticipate ever getting to 'grandma'!

Take care. Carol

Donna Arey Missen said...

Agree with Carol--you need to change some diapers, Grandpa!

She is gorgeous, Bill. You are all so lucky! And she is so lucky to have such loving family in her life!