Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Comments

I love to hear from people who read this blog, and I occasionally do. I hope that you enjoy what I write, and that I don’t come across as too much of an Andy Rooney curmudgeon. I regularly check the counter on the right hand side of the blog to see how many people stop for a look, but I never know who the lookers are unless they mention something to me in person or comment.

I have heard from several people that they are unable to comment at the bottom of each blog, so I thought I’d give some instruction here:

First click on comments under each blog. A popup window should appear with a box that says Leave your comment.

Write what you have to say in the box. I do not edit them, so good, bad and indifferent all get posted. It may take a few minutes for the comment to be posted but it will appear.

Below the box, you have some choices. If you have a Google blog, you can click the button that says Google/Blogger and then hit publish your comment.

If you prefer not to identify yourself that way, my suggestion is to click the Anonymous button. It may ask you to copy some goofy, hard-to-read letters that are wavy or have a line through them. That’s a way to keep automated programs from putting advertising or spam in each comment box. Keep following the directions, and you’ll end up with your comment posted.

If you are far more knowledgeable than I, you will know what to do with the OpenID and Name/URL buttons. I’ve never used them and I don’t know what to do with them.

By the way, the advertising “Ads by Google” are a way for me to earn income. Every time you click one, I get something like a tenth of a cent. When enough people click for me to collect $100, they’ll send me a check. I’m not holding my breath.

Again, I look forward to your comments. When you have a reaction, good or bad, click comment at the bottom of the posting. Thanks for reading.

No comments: