Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cookies and Conversation

A couple of weeks ago I made an off-hand reference in this blog to my friend Cynthia T. who thought about me – but didn’t visit while I was housebound with my broken ankle.

Usually those off-hand comments come back to bite me in the tuchas. This time was no exception. Two days later she called, asked if I were going to be home, and showed up in ten minutes with a gift to shame me for being so mean spirited about her. She brought the most amazing, delicious oatmeal-raisin-chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten.

And that wasn’t the best part. She came in, sat down, and we had great conversation that solved all the problems of the world in less than two hours - when she had to go pick up her son at pre-school. She didn't even mind my two apparently love-starved dogs who kept their heads in her lap so she'd pet them.

When she left, we agreed to have more play dates. I’m looking forward to them. And next time I’ll bring the treat. It will be impossible to bring any cookies as good as hers were, so I’ll have to figure out something else.

1 comment:

Jim C-D said...

Hey my friend,

Good to see your words again.

Regards,

Jim