Sunday, January 20, 2008

Brief Update

I am getting along somewhat better. Daughter Shannon and her boyfriend Ray came over for brunch and helped me get a shower, which involved struggling with me up the stairs, finding a couple of milk crates for me to sit on, taping a plastic bag over my cast, and getting me in and out of the tub. I offered to trade our split level for her single story house, but she didn't think I was serious. And maybe I wasn't, but she has a lovely walk in shower. . . .

Ann said I was reasonably discrete and Shannon kept her eyes on the ceiling, which of course, was the least of my worries. She promised to help take care of me in my old age, but I didn't think it would be so soon. God bless her!

Of course, you have to read why "I am the problem" below to understand this. As always, feel free to comment below.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ann, my heart goes out to you, having to put up with Bill as an invalid. Yikes, what a patient to have. Know I'm thinking of you both!

And Bill, one way to wash your hair is to rest the knee of the wounded foot on a chair and lean over the kitchen sink. I know, it's not very comfortable, but neither is dirty hair. Sponge baths can be accomplished in the same way. And a friend of mine swears by scooting along with a rolling chair (either sitting or resting the aforementioned knee on the seat) or one of those rolling walkers that has a spot to rest the knee. As for the stairs, my best suggestion is sitting on a step and moving up butt first stair by stair a la Gretle in "Sound of Music" when the kids are doing the "Goodnight" number.

Much love,
Catherine